Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A few extra topics?
06-17-2012, 10:16 AM
A few extra topics?
Another forum i belong to (just for Nissan Navaras) has these topice on the board index, and the are by far the most popular.

Members Discount
Was it you
How to guides
Performance upgrades/mods
Interior mods and guides
Exterior Mods and guides
Wheels and Tryers (advice etc)

Just a thought?

Drives - Nissan Navara. D40 Outlaw.
Double DIN Dash DVD, 2x 9 Inch headrest DVDs, 12inch Fli Sub and Amp in a custom made box, LED daylight running headlights, reversing camera.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Re: A few extra topics?
There is a guides section already, James was doing a few write ups but he has issues with his camera battery for all the pictures ha

Wheels and tyres we tend to leave to Skidmarques but it could be a good idea to have it sectioned off!

Only thing with performance upgrades etc is that where it's a mixed car forum it could get very cluttered up and hard to guide through after a while..

Was it you is always a good idea, I never actually noticed that we never had that section lol good spot

Hopefully Dan or Mike have a read of this and can decide anyway Smile
06-17-2012, 02:34 PM
A few extra topics?
Yeah the was it you is a good suggestion, we sort of knew it was missing (main reason I didnt add it at the start is due to the size of the community) once people spread the word and we grow I was gonna add it in.

That being said I suppose it aint a bad idea to add it now! So will do that shortly I guess!
10-26-2013, 04:16 AM
I think more imput from members into the guide section will be good. From the 300 +members it will be a varied imformative ,read .an if the search engine can cope being car,model,year,specffic will be very good!
Is that possible like when you search for car parts?

As for Was It You it's a gonna be hard to recognise other marks driving round,I can spot a scooby a mile away but miss most other cars.unless stickered up!

Just my own opinion ,,
10-26-2013, 08:15 AM
How to's are good but on such a varied forum might be a bit to much.

I'm certainly happy to write a few quick how to guides for littles things that I've done but don't want to sound like one of them forum know it alls. LOL

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC
10-26-2013, 09:55 AM
The how to guides will be good if they're generic.

I've got a couple of topics in mind that we can add (Y)

[Image: ES6Banner-1.png]
http://www.facebook.com/ES6Forum | https://twitter.com/ES6Forum
10-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Just a suggestion mate lol.
I to will contribute once I get my disposable developed but I'm a lazy so & so (Y)
10-26-2013, 02:28 PM
R33gts2009 Wrote:I think more imput from members into the guide section will be good. From the 300 +members it will be a varied imformative ,read .an if the search engine can cope being car,model,year,specffic will be very good!
Is that possible like when you search for car parts?

As for Was It You it's a gonna be hard to recognise other marks driving round,I can spot a scooby a mile away but miss most other cars.unless stickered up!

Just my own opinion ,,

The guide section will have benefits potentially needs set rules for the topic title I guess to keep things tidy.
Make - Model - Topic maybe? i.e. Ford - Fiesta - Headlight change

Was it you was potentially left out for that reason you stated I guess it will be worth it long term if people have vinyls on their car.
10-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Made a couple of changes, still some more to come (Y)

[Image: ES6Banner-1.png]
http://www.facebook.com/ES6Forum | https://twitter.com/ES6Forum